Total Pageviews

Monday, March 28, 2011

Rising Sun


The fourth Sunday of Lent tells the story of Jesus' healing of the man who was blind from birth. The message is seeking light. Paul also deals with living in the light. We all want to be enlightened and as new insights come, our life is enhanced. Those moments of "Aha!" bring important ideas to us to help us lead the fullest life possible.


I chose this painting because of the light from the sun. I painted it after going to the beach at dawn. The lack of light before sunrise made everything look gray. Then--the sun came up and color shown!

Thomas Merton wrote: "My being is given me not simply as an arbitrary and inscrutable, but as a source of joy, growth, life creativity, and fulfillment. But the decision to take existence only as an affliction is left fully to me. Conjectures of a Guilty Bystander, Doubleday, New York, 1989, p.221

No comments: